Design process: What stands behind any good deliverables
Difficult goals are achievable when you have a clear plan to reach them. The same applies to the work of the design team on a new project.
Today we want to talk more about the Design process. It helps to structure a large scope of tasks, notice all important details and achieve great results.
Why is it so important to fill the brief?
All incredible projects start with a well-filled brief. It allows an agency team to better understand the client's wishes and goals, direct creativity in the right direction, and reduce the number of comments in the future. A brief should introduce the company's mission and values, general brand vibe, and its unique features. This will allow the creative team to achieve good results faster.
Yes, it takes some time to complete the brief, but it's worth it. Here are some tips on how to fill the brief:
- Feel free to write a lot. The more input we receive, the better the result of the project. Every detail is important because it helps to create the overall vision of the product. It will also reduce the amount of communication between the agency team and the client. Answers to most questions can be quickly found in the brief.
- Give examples and explain your ideas. It is always easier to show something than to describe it in words. So providing design examples is another step in helping designers to find solutions to respond to clients' needs. Also, in the case of creative work, it is always important to understand the general idea of the product. So the client can get the final deliverables that will even exceed expectations with fresh decisions.
Providing examples will help to avoid misunderstandings in the communication between the client and the designer. Both of them may have a completely different vision of the same things. Examples usually solve this problem. You can attach some links to any websites/apps with the visual design you like, moodboards, or random pictures from Pinterest.
- Purpose, expectations, clear objectives. To achieve the goal, it must first be well formulated. Therefore, it is always necessary to start with a clear definition of goals and expectations. Brief acts as a roadmap, which outlines all the steps from the beginning of the project to its completion.
Design process step by step
After the client fills out the brief and introduces us to their product, the design process begins. It consists of many important steps helping to achieve the best results.
Usually, the first step in creating a new successful product is good UX research. A deep understanding of your target audience's lifestyle will allow you to create the best possible user experience in the future. There are various methodologies that can provide the necessary knowledge.
- User interviews. User interviews are a tool that can help you to get an in-depth knowledge of users' goals, experiences, and pains. This will help create a quality product that thousands of people will want to use.
A better understanding of your potential users can help you not only add all the necessary features to the app, but also find accurate interface solutions. After conducting the interview, we analyze its results and find out important customer insights.
- Customer portrait. Customer portrait helps to make design decisions and develop features for your product. It contains demographics, life goals, pains, mindsets, etc.
After creating the customer portrait, we can meet the user’s needs and expectations in the interface solutions more accurately.
- Competitive research. Competitive research helps to collect information about rivals. By finding the strengths and weaknesses of the products that provide features similar to your project, you can create a unique proposition on the market and use the best decisions in the niche.